• Operate as non-profit charitable educational, civic, social welfare, or health service organization.
• Operate under written Articles of Incorporation and By-Laws or other written documents or statutes that define the applicant’s purpose, membership,
• Operate on a non-discriminatory basis in employment, recruitment of volunteers and delivery of services.
• Demonstrate effective program community impact, financial responsibility, and accountability.
• Operate or provide service within Stanly County service area.
• Must have been in operation minimum for two years prior to time of application.
• Certify that all United Way of Stanly County funds and donations will be used in compliance with all applicable anti-terrorist financing and asset
• Funding must provide for services or activities that align with the United Way of Stanly County priority areas of education, financial stability,
Complete packet must include:
- The signed application, including program information, budget information, and any additonal pages that were added by the organization
- Counterterrorism Compliance Certification
- Organization annual report
- Current Board of Directors roster
- 2019 IRS Form 990
- IRS 501(c)3 determination letter
- Tax exempt status from the State of North Carolina
- Agency bylaws
- Most recent Audited Financial Statements (agencies with revenue >$500,000) OR Independent Financial Review (agencies with revenue <$500,000)
- Organization discrimination policy (all applicants)
- Copy of Charitable Solicitation License (CSL) or CSL Exemption Number
- 2020 Midyear Report
- 2021 Agency Contract
Please refer to the following instructions to submit the electronic Partner Program Funding Application and all documentation: CLICK HERE for detailed printable version.
- Create a New Folder on your computer or desktop for ease of access and to keep all documents together.
- PDF Format: Click on Application and click the Download Arrow.
- Select your New Folder and name the file "Your Organizations Name Document Name Funding Year" (i.e., American Red Cross Funding 501c3 2019)
- EXCEL Format: Click on Application and at bottom left download "Open" then click "Enable Editing" at top.
- "File" "Save As" to your new folder and name it with your organization's name, the document name and the funding year (i.e., Boy Scouts Program Budget Worksheet 2019)
- Fill in the necessary information into the form and save the changes.
- Follow the same process for all documentation.
- Once information in entered, upload documentation using the Upload Links at the bottom.
All other documentation must be submitted in .PDF or EXCEL format by scanning or converting on your computer before uploading to the website.
Download Form Links:
Funding Application (PDF fillable file)
Program Budget Worksheet (EXCEL spreadsheet) (if needed)
Additional Fundraising Activities (EXCEL Spreadsheet)
Board of Directors (if fillable form is wanted) (EXCEL Spreadsheet)
Upload links to return all documents to United Way of Stanly County:
You do not need to upload all documents in one sitting. Click "Save Draft" if you need to finish at a later time.
Please do not click "Submit" until you are ready to send EVERYTHING to United Way of Stanly County!