Mission of United Way of Stanly County
United Way of Stanly County focuses our community’s investment to create sustainable, positive change in our neighbors’ lives.
Values of United Way of Stanly County
- Integrity: We act with integrity that is worthy of trust and take responsibility for our relationships and results.
- Inclusiveness. We will advance our mission to improve lives by using the skills, talents and resources of our entire community
- Innovation. We will promote creativity and flexibility, encouraging ideas in all aspects of the United Way of Stanly County experience.
- Connection: Our community relationships strengthen our ability to collaborate, convene, leverage and achieve positive change.
- Collective impact: we inspire people to be involved and focus our collective resources for an improved community.
Everyone deserves opportunities to have a good life. This may be a quality education that leads to a stable job or enough income to support a family through retirement or even good health. We are all connected and interdependent. We all win when a child succeeds in school, when families are financially stable, when people are healthy. Living united means being a part of the change. It takes everyone in the community working together to create a brighter future.
That’s why United Way of Stanly County's work is focused on the building blocks for a good life:
We all have a stake in making sure that today’s children grow up to be productive citizens who give back to the community. The best thing we can do to get them off to the right start is to focus on their development and education. A stable, loving, and stimulating home is the foundation for a child’s success in school, and a good education is the foundation for a child’s success in work and in life.
Many of our neighbors are walking a financial tightrope. United Way of Stanly County helps to broaden that tightrope into a path, making it less likely that people will fall. The work United Way of Stanly County does to increase financial stability and self-sufficiency has benefits that ripple throughout our entire community. United Way of Stanly County invests in programs that help people who need support now to overcome the economic downturn and deal with other emergencies. At the same time, United Way of Stanly County is a leader in developing long-term community solutions.
Is there anything more fundamental to the quality of life in a community than good health and wellbeing? Loss of jobs, reduced health benefits in the workplace, and the high cost of health insurance affect access to health care for many families and individuals. The health of children and youth can impact their educational success and job readiness, further impacting economic outcomes for them and for the community. By helping our neighbors access high quality healthcare, we will promote wellness, better health care outcomes, and a higher quality of life for our community.